Monday, January 23, 2012

MENU MONDAY

Morning Everyone

Well it is nice to be back.. Hard to believe that is has been 5 months since I last posted but here is hoping that I stick to it.. It has been busy and eventful time these last few months..

Granny and Grumpy are going to be grandparents again around the 1st of April... My daughter Andrea is expecting their first baby and we are all very excited for the two of them...

 I have a new daughter-in-law and her name is Lindsay.. Grumpy's son , Kelly and Linsday got married Thanksgiving Weekend in Vegas and it was a wonderful time... We got to meet and spend good times with her family..Grumpy's daughter is a photographer and I am posting just one of the wonderful shots that Krysta got of the two of them.


There will be a few changes with the blog this time around ... On Saturday's I do a grocery shopping list but I have decided not to do that as it is very time consuming and not all of my followers live in my area so it might only help a few but if I do see a deal somewhere for sure I will let you all know cause I can never pass up on letting people know about a bargain when I see one..

MONDAY...Alfredo and Porscuitto Tortellini
TUESDAY...Chicken -a- la- king
WEDNESDAY...Maple and Brown Sugar Tenderloin
THURSDAY...Bacon Mushroom Honey Dijon Chicken
FRIDAY...Baked Mac'Cheese with Bacon

ALFREDO AND PORSCIUTTO
TORTELLINI
 Ingredients
20 oz. of tortellini, cheese-filled, cooked
15 oz. of Alfredo sauce, prepared
4 oz. of prosciutto, minced
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded

Instructions
To prepare the tortellini, boil pasta according to package directions and drain .. Cut Prosciutto into 1/2" pieces.. Spread 1/4 cup of the Alfredo Sauce evenly on bottom of a 1" deep Pyrex dish.. This will help the tortellini from not sticking to the bottom of the dish.. In large bowl mix together the pasta , prosciutto and the remaining Alfredo Sauce .. Then place in the 1" deep dish and spread evenly .. Next sprinkly Mozzarella Cheese over the top and make sure you cover all of the Tortellini..Place dish in pre-heated 375 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes til sauce is bubbling and cheese is brown..

This recipe would also work for a Fast Food Friday dish as well..

That took me longer then I thought it would.. Out of practice I guess.. Lets hope I can juggle between my love of you guys on my blog and Pinterest... Talk to you tomorrow and please let me know that  you missed me as much as I missed you...

Cheers
Granny

1 comment: