Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TIPSY TUESDAY

Morning Everyone

Well it is raining but at least it is washing away the snow... now all I am looking at is all the gravel on the road from the sanding truck.. so once it is dry I will be out with my broom... Today is a stay at home day with a pot of tea, a bit of work and I might even do some sewing ...

CHICKEN A LA KING

PUFF PASTRY

You can buy these little pastry cups already made in the freezer section of your grocery store..Lay them on some Parchment paper, and brush the tops with:
1 egg and 1 Tablespoon water – beat together.
Brush the egg over just the tops of the puff pastry . . . like this.
Bake them at 400 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove the little center. After I do this, I place my shells (not the tops) back into the oven for another 5 minutes.
This way, you make sure that they are done all the way through.
See . . . Don’t they look good!
Now just let them sit there while you make your sauce.
*I will warm them again slightly before I use them. Why do I bake them first? I think they are better this way, because they stay crispier after you fill them with the chicken and veggie mixture. If you time things just right, you can bake them while making the sauce and fill them right away.

CHICKEN A LA KING
SAUCE:
1/3 Cup Butter melted
1/4 Cup Cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 Cup COLD water.
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1 teaspoon granulated Sugar
2 cups Milk
1 1/2 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese or other
You can also add
1/4 tsp. Cracked Red pepper flakes (opt)
1/4 tsp. Onion powder (opt)
1/4 tsp. Celery Salt (opt)
Add to the prepared Sauce:
Diced or shredded cooked Chicken breasts and steamed veggies of your choice.
*This is also a great way to use leftover turkey or ham

DIRECTIONS:
In medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and stir while it’s melting. Add the broth, seasonings, Milk and the Cold water and Cornstarch mixture. Stir continuously over heat until sauce has thickened. Turn to low heat, and add the grated cheese. Do not let the sauce boil. It it seems too thick, simply add a bit more milk or Chicken broth to the sauce. Add the diced chicken and steamed veggies of your choice. *If you are adding frozen peas, make sure that they don’t have a build up of ice around them. It will thin your sauce.Just put your peas in a pot of warm water for a few seconds to remove the ice.
Fill your puff pastry shells  with the chicken sauce, and top with a bit more grated cheese. You can also use this sauce on top of Toast, biscuits, Toasted English muffins, etc

TIPSY TUESDAY

Like I had mentioned a couple of days ago I have also fallen in love with  Pinterest..if you would like to follow me I would love it...


This is where I will be getting alot of my recipes, tips, and crafts.. so this is one that I posted and it has had over 4800 reposts.. AMAZING !!!.
Pinned Image
Use a tic tac container to hold those bobby pins..

Well you have a good day and chat with you tomorrow.

Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment