Wednesday, March 7, 2012

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE..
Another beautiful morning up here on the mountain...Well I am all packed and I have a nice clean house that I can come home to when I get home from my vacation so I am a happy camper today... The birds are really chirping this morning so I just know that we are going to have a nice warm spring... Would love to go and buy some Polyanthus to put in my pots and give my yard some colour but all my luck I will do that and the Frost will come... so just have to wait

SLOW COOKED
SHEPHERD'S PIE

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs Ground Beef
  • 1 package 12 oz chopped onions
  • 2 tsps minced garlic
  • 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 package (16 oz) frozen peas & carrots
  • 3 TBSP Quick Cooking Tapioca
  • 2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black peper
  • 2 packages (24oz) prepared mashed potatoes…or make your own
Directions
  1. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, until cooked through.
  2. Transfer to slow cooker.
  3. Back in the skillet cook the onions and garlic until onions begin to soften and add those to the slow cooker.
  4. Stir in tomatoes, veggies, tapioca, oregano, salt and pepper.
  5. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours
  6. Top with prepared mashed potatoes. Cover and cook on low until potatoes are heated through about 30 minutes

Another option that you can do is once the crockpot ingredients are done you can spoon some into Ramekins (individual casserole dishes) and then top with your potatoes and pop them in the oven to warm up the potatoes and it will also give the potatoes a bit of crunch.

Have a great day and just remember any day is a good day when you are above ground...

ENJOY
CHEERS
GRANNY

No comments:

Post a Comment