Friday, March 9, 2012

FASTFOOD FRIDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it..
For you young ones that is a song by the Pointer Sisters... my era.. Anyway I am already to take a great vacation with my hubby and just do some soaking up the rays..reading some books and do some shopping... I hope my girlfriend Marilyn, who is down there now has not scooped up all the deals... I must say I think we should get the AWARD for the best shoppers in the world.. We can grab a coffee in the morning be at the door when it opens and stay til it closes and believe me in that time frame we might never leave Macey's, Ross Dress for Less, TJ Max`s or Nordstrom Rack..`his is how much of a serious shoppers we are...I have been on the internet and got all the addresses for the above stores and put them in my GPS ...now that is SERIOUS shopping...

CLEAN LEAN
LETTUCE WRAPS
James Duigan: Ultimate Clean & Lean Lettuce Wrap
Ingredients
4 leaves iceberg lettuce
4 slices roast turkey
1/2 cucumber, sliced
250g hummus
sprinkle of paprika            
Top a lettuce leaf with a slice of turkey, cucumber, hummus and paprika, then, as if it were a sandwich, wrap it up with another piece of lettuce.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients. 

This can be done with a variety of ingredients, such as tomatoes, avocados or peppers, as well as salmon, chicken, lamb or prawns.
White cheeses, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, turmeric, oregano, all work too. Whatever you have in your fridge!

I am not sure if I will be blogging everyday while I am away but I will do my best to keep you up to date as to what is happening .. We rent a home down there so not sure what our menu will be while we are down there but it will be nice to have a partner in crime to try some different cuisine...To my little monkey that is due on April 7th please hold tight til Granny gets home...

ENJOY
CHEERS
GRANNY

No comments:

Post a Comment