Saturday, October 30, 2010

SHOPPING SATURDAY

Morning Everyone





Well it is shopping Saturday and there is some good deals on food today. I wanted to mention to you as well that I love looking at all kinds of flyers and do window shopping if there is something that you are looking for in particular just send me a note and I will try and find out where the best deal is.....





Like I said yesterday it is Appy night. There is lots to watch on the TV tonight if you are a sports Fan .. You should have left over pizza from last night , I always like cold pizza but you can always reheat it as well. If you ate both pizzas last night Safeway this week has the PIAZZAS pizzas on Buy 1 get Free so that is a great deal and good to freeze one for when you have another appy night or Fast Food Friday..Thriftys also have there Pizza's on 2 for $12.00 so both are a good deal. Walmart has 18 pack of chicken wings for $9.97 as well as Frozen Pinty assorted products for $5.00. P preferr to make my own chicken wings , I have a great recipe and I will get to that in a couple of weeks.



Here is the list of sales at the Grocery Stores



Safeway



Standing Rib Roast $5.00 a pound

Tomatoes 5lbs for $5.00

Pork Back Ribs $5.00

Knorr Sidekicks 4 for $5.00

Classico Pasta Sauce $3.99

Homemade soups $4.99 need those for supper tomorrow night.



Just wanted to let you know that every first Tuesday of the month they have 10% off of your bill . So if shopping Tuesdays of the week work better for you that gives you a better deal again.



WALMART



Chicken breast and thighs $10.00

Asparagus $2.97 a pound (Going to give you a recipe to cook this)

Beef Steakettes 3 for $5.00 (recipe this week)

Pork and Beef roasts $7.00 (recipe this week)

Uncle Bens Bistro Express $2.00 each

Cereals $3.97



THRIFTYS

Extra Lean Ground Beef buy 1 get 1 free

Armstrong white cheddar cheese $8.99

Broccoli $.99 per lb

Sweet Bell Peppers 2lb bag $3.99

Olivieri Fresh Pasta Buy 1 get 1 free

Knorr Broth 2 for $4.00

Tortilla Wraps 2 for $6.00 (recipe this week)

Catelli Pasta 2 for $5.00

Tomato Sauce 3 for $4.00



Country Grocers



Taquitos $6.97

McCain sweet Potato Fries $2.97

Cheemo :Perogies 2 for $5.00

Baby Nugget White Potatoes $1.47 per lb



Well off to Vancouver for the weekend so will touch base with you all on Monday Morning with you Weekly Menu Monday. You all have a good time Trick or Treating and I know there will be no Sit Down Sunday so what I suggest is for you to have one of the Safeway soups that you bought today and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches ,quick and easy before you head out to get your treats. Remember to take a nice warm cup of hot chocolate in your coffee cup and stay SAFE...



Cheers

Granny

2 comments:

  1. Hi Auntie Judy - I just found your blog via facebook! I'm going to have to make your beef stew very soon -I also love crockpot meals. I'm looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Haley for making a comment. Your are the first. I have also been looking at you and your sisters recipes as well I might just steal a couple for my blog. Yes crockpot meals are so quick and easy when you have a busy family life.....Looking forward to more of your comments once you try the recipes....

    ReplyDelete