Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE

One day back at the grind and I already need another holiday and I just had one.. Must be time to retire.. well one day just not sure when...Being away on holidays I forgot that it is Canada Day on Friday so I figured I would give you a bean recipe for the crockpot .. I did chicken yesterday so beans today and probably a couple of potato salad recipes for tomorrow...

Crock Pot Beans

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound Beans, navy, dried
2 onions, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 pound bacon, diced
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup drained pineapple chunks

PREPARATION:
Soak beans in water overnight. Drain and put all ingredients in cooker. Add 1 cup water and stir to blend. Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.
Can also spice it up with a few cloves of garlic, a half teaspoon of powdered ginger, and a good dash of Worchestershire sauce. Stir in 1 cup drained pineapple chunks during the last hour of cooking for a delicious fruity flavor.

Where I Party

I have found a new blog from a lady that has been checking out mine and I know that I have now become her latest follower and I am looking forward to seeing what she posts... so check her out
therickettchronicles.blogspot.com
Grumpy and I are going to have a fun Canada Weekend ... we have our  little boys for a few days so I am on the hunt today to find some holiday activies in our community and then if the weather stays good might head out to some friends of ours that have a place at Cowichan Lake on Saturday for a couple of hours... Looking forward to it...
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment