Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TIPSY TUESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
I'm back ...hope you missed me cause I missed you all... The trip was fun but so hot coming home driving through Sacaramento and Redding when you have not air conditioning .... but had a good time with great friends and especially with Grumpy .... he always makes me laugh....Did not do much shopping but did get my shoes for the wedding in Vegas and they do have bling so I was quite excited about that...So this week I will just post a daily recipe for you and then next week will get back on track with the MENU MONDAY.
Lime and cilantro flavor these easy roasted chicken breasts. This chicken is delicious with rice and your favorite vegetable.
 

LIME AND CILANTRO CHICKEN

Ingredients:

  • 4 chicken breast halves, bone-in
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Preparation:

Put chicken in a large plastic sealable food storage bag or covered container. Combine the oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and cilantro. Marinate for about 2 to 4 hours.(overnight is even better)  Heat oven to 375°.
Line a baking pan with foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
Arrange chicken, skin-side up, in the baking pan.
Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken registers 165° on an instant read thermometer stuck into the thickest part of the meat.

TIPSY TUESDAY
To get the most juice out of fresh limes or lemons, bring them to room temperature & roll them under your palm against the kitchen counter before squeezing.

Well back to work today.... took my machine in to be serviced while I was away so here is hoping that it is working more efficient then when I dropped it off...you all have a good day and talk to you tomorrow...
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment