Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Had a nice evening last night.. Went and visited some good friends out at Lake Cowichan.. Their son and his girlfriend were up here from Australia for a couple of weeks so I wanted to make sure that we got a visit in before they headed back... Will be a few years before we get to see them again unless we decide to take an Aussi trip ... That is on my bucket list.

MEXICALI
CHICKEN

Ingredients 

  • 3 frozen chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
  • 2 cans (7.75 oz) El Pato jalapeno salsa + 1 can water
  • 3 cans (15 oz) of any type of beans (pinto, kidney, etc)
  • 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
  • 1 pkg flour tortillas or 1 bag tortilla chips
  • shredded cheese (optional topping)
  • sour cream (optional topping)

Instructions 

  1. Place the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot with the two cans of El Pato and one can of water (use the El Pato can).
  2. Cook on low for 4 hours.
  3. Using two forks shred the chicken in the crockpot.
  4. Add the remaining ingredients and mix around.
  5. Cook on low for 4 more hours.

WHERE I PARTY;

My friend Pat just had a new granddaughter this week so I thought I would post this blog today.. She makes some of the cutest little girl clothes and I know how Pat is always sewing so I thought she might like to check out this blog.

Another day of lots of work but it will all be over soon... then I will be able to have a normal life and dust off my sewing machine and serger... I have got a ton of ideas of what I want to make just need to find the time.... Pretty soon...
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

4 comments:

  1. Yumm - it's a gloomy day in Chilliwack, so this recipe looks like a good fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering where you have been? I hope that you are still cooking lots - and just haven't had time to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..Sorry I have been neglecting my blog these last few months.. Have had lots happening in my life ...I have told myself that it is going to get back on track by the middle of this month... It is nice to know that my followers have missed me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Miss reading your blog and getting your amazing recipes! Hope everything is ok and getting better in your life!!

    ReplyDelete