Monday, May 23, 2011

SITDOWN SUNDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Well today is barbacue day... hope the weather stays nice so that everyone can bring their cars.. Our neighbours always love it when we have our barbacues.... Today is the first |Sunday of my breakfast recipe so what to I post ....let me see I got it....

PHYLLO EGGS
I used for 4 servings
4 sheets of Phyllo dough
4 eggs
1 teaspoon of cheese
(for each )
2 cubes - of Italian style salad croutons
(for each)
4 slices of real bacon-bake in the oven drain
Sea salt for eggs
bit of butter
4 Tooth picks
Minced parsley for garnish
-Butter the cupcake dish, and fold the Phyllo dough so it can fit in the cup of the dish
-Leaving it bit over the edges...so the egg can stay in!
-Put  Cheese in, fit 2 croutons in, slightly push..
-Brake one egg for each cup, freshly ground sea salt and preheat the oven on 350F.
-Butter the edges of the phyllo dough.
-Put aluminum foil on top, and place it in the oven. Now you don't have to tuck the foil, this just to prevent burning sensitive phyllo.
-This is a good time to cook your bacon for the outside as well...will take the same amount of time as the eggs
-Bake eggs for about 15 -20 minutes.
-Take them out carefully I used the two big tablespoons to take them out and place it on the clean baking tin..
-When you do take out each phyllo-egg cupcake, wrap them with bacon. For me was the easiest to just push the tooth pick through..
-Put it back in the oven of 5 more minutes on 400F

3C'S CRAFT
I thought this was quite cute and very simple to sew.. all of us with grandkids need to have one of these at your house for when the little ones come for supper.. I am fortunate to have a booster high chair that was given to me by a couple of my girlfriends as a gift when my first grandchild was born .. This is great to put in a diaper bag and just to have a your house .. just think how cute these could be with all the different fabrics that you can get now a days.

Talk to you soon
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment