It is still dark out , but then it is 6:00 in the morning... Got a busy day today getting a couple of orders finished off and then heading down to Victoria to have supper with Grumpys mom and help her take down her Christmas decorations... We had told her that she should leave her tree up and then we could hang her Easter stuff on it ..Chuckle Chuckle...Hope you all had a nice Valentines and got spoilt..
If you like licorice you should like this recipe.. Fennel has that licorice flavour that will go great with the pears...I have not tried this recipe myself but it intrigued me ... so if you get a chance to try it before me let me know how it worked..
FENNEL AND PEAR
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 6 - 7 ounce jar (drained weight) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup coarsely snipped dried pears
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, finely ground
- 2 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3/4/ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup pear nectar or apple juice
- Hot cooked couscous or rice
- Fennel tops (optional)
1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine sliced fennel, mushrooms, and dried pears. Sprinkle with tapioca. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with salt, thyme, and pepper. Pour pear nectar over mixture in cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
3. Serve chicken mixture with hot cooked couscous. If desired, garnish with fennel tops. Makes 6 servings.
I was thinking that you might be able to use some unriped pears as well ..