Wednesday, February 22, 2012

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Hope you like the new look.. I cannot seem to get Granny's Kitchen in the right spot on my header so will have to work on that.. Today is nice and sunny up here but have not stepped outside to see if it is warm or cold.. Have to head to town today as I broke a needle on my work pleater so might just have to do another look in the stores for the Jones bottles that have my grandkids pictures on them...no luck so far..

BACON CHEESE POTATOES
 
Ingredients
  • 1/4 pound bacon, diced
  • 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
  • 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
  • salt and pepper
  • butter
  • Green Onions (optional)
Directions
  1. Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished.
  2. Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste and dot with butter.
  3. Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
  4. Cover with remaining foil.
  5. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours.

We are going to a brunch for Daytona 500 race this Sunday  so I think I am going to make this the night before and take it out with me in the morning and crisp it up in the oven...Well let you know how that worked out.. Have a good day ...
ENJOY
CHEERS
GRANNY

No comments:

Post a Comment