Sunday, February 5, 2012

SIT DOWN SUNDAY

AFTERNOON EVERYONE

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY..is a day of appetizers.. We are just hanging out today cooking and eating.. Went out this morning and did a bit of weeding in the back yard but had to come back in the cup of tea that I took with me just did not keep me warm enough.. I think I have frost bites on my fingers.. Grumpy is smoking Bison and Italian Sausages today for our appy platter to watch the big football game... I am going to post Fast Food Fridays recipe as well as a dessert and a craft...

 HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS

Pinned Image

24 good white rolls, 
24 pieces good honey ham
24 small slices swiss cheese
1/3 cup miracle whip
1/3 cup of mayo
{poppy seed sauce}
1 1/2 TBSP poppy seeds
1 1/2 TBSP yellow mustard
1 stick butter, melted
1 TBSP minced onion
1/2 tsp. worschestershire sauce
In a small bowl, mix together mayo & miracle whip. spread into both sides of the center of each roll. place a slice of ham & a slice of swiss inside of each roll. close rolls & place into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. place very close together.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. let sit 10 minutes, or until butter sets slightly. cover with foil & bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. uncover & cook for 2 additional minutes. serve warm.
** sandwiches can be assembled a day ahead & kept in the fridge ready to bake**
 
I love desserts not that I need them but I do love them..I just wish that I had a bigger kitchen so that I would bake more... Not sure who would eat it but I do have a freezer for when company stops by for tea .You never know maybe one day I will be able to bake and supply a small little local coffee shop... Might have to think about that when I retire...
 
Flower Power Cake
Flower Power Cake
 
Ingredients
  • 2-layer-size package lemon cake mix
  • 1 16 ouncecanwhite frosting
  • Small gumdrops
  • Candy-coated fruit-flavored pieces
  • Sour fruit-flavored straw candy
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions using two 8- or 9-inch round baking pans. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely.
2. Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; spread with frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and side of layers with frosting.
3. To decorate cake with flowers, slice small gumdrops in half horizontally to form flower petals. Use candy-coated fruit-flavored pieces for flower centers. Flatten gumdrops and cut into leaf shapes for leaves. Snip sour straws to desired lengths and use for flower stems.

I know this is not a made from scratch cake but it is quick and easy and great that the little ones can help with the decorating and they will enjoy that.. You can substitute your own Lemon Cake recipe if you like I just love the way they have decorated and after all it is getting close to springtime...

3C'S CRAFT

PAINTED HEART BAG

Pin This

Since every thing today is quick and easy I thought I would post you this cute heart painted bag.. Great little bag for you little ones to take all their valentines to school in and then bring home the ones that they got back home.. It is just a premade canvas bag that has been painted with puff paint and the end of the eraser..now that is pretty easy..Great craft cause you just get the kids started and then they can go at it.. Leaves you the time to get things done that you want to do.. Here is the link that puts it all in more detail..I just know that Courtenay will love to do this...

Well off to make some cookies for Grumpy's lunches this week... So talk with you tomorrow...
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny


No comments:

Post a Comment