Monday, March 21, 2011

MENU MONDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Monday morning blues.. No sun to wake up to this morning just the usual gray skies and mist in the air.. But I must say it is nice to be home just got to get back into my routine ...

MENU MONDAY

MONDAY  Tuscan Tomato Pasta   
TUESDAY  Salmon with Flakes and Almond Topping 
WEDNESDAY  Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
THURSDAY   Orange Chicken Picatta
FRIDAY   Jamacian Chicken Fingers with Honey


TUSCAN
TOMATO
PASTA

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, cut up
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1 cup cooked chicken
8 ounces spaghetti or fettuccine
2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese

Directions:
In large saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot oil until tender. Add mushrooms. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.

Stir in undrained tomatoes, carrot, vinegar and basil. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until desired thickness. Stir in cooked chicken. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.

Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. I always cook my pasta for 8 minutes in pre boiled water. Drain. Toss tomato mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.
If I feel like having my pasta baked I put cooked mixture in a Ramekin and put in the oven for 10 minutes at 375 degrees..

I was going to do lunchs this week and then realized that it is spring break.. So next week I will give you some ideas for sure.. Also Kelly I have not forgot about the Tai Recipes I am searching them out and going to try a couple this week and then I will post them for next week.. I am sure there are a few of my viewers that like Tai .. I also wanted to mention to you that I have not had one recipe sent to me this month to try so there might not be a Giveaway this month or there could only be one of you that sends me a recipe and you will be an automatic winner....Good Luck
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment