Wednesday, July 13, 2011

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Sorry I did not post yesterday was a bit hectic around here so today I will post the recipe for yesterday as well today as well as the Tipsy Tuesday tip....Today is going to be another hectic day but it is the time of the year for me so I am getting used to it by now.. Off to have dinner with Grumpys mom tonight .. they are serving liver and onions at the old folks home and I am the only one in the family that likes it so when I get a chance to have it I am all over it...

CHICKEN BROCOLLI
& CHEESE CASSEROLE

Ingredients
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 pound broccoli florets, cooked
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup dry stuffing mix( how about salad croutons)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Boil chicken until tender and shred or cut into bite size pieces. Meanwhile, steam broccoli until crisp but tender.
  3. In a small bowl mix together the soup and mayonnaise. Set aside. In a 9x13 inch baking dish layer the chicken, broccoli, soup mixture, and cheese. Sprinkle dry stuffing mix over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
CROCKPOT LEMON
CHICKEN

 Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg whole chicken cut up (buying your chicken like this is very cheap)
  • 1/4 cup of flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 (6oz.) can lemonade, thawed and undiluted
  • 3 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp vinegar
  • 1/4 c catsup
 Directions:
  1. Combine flour and salt and coat chicken.
  2. Brown on all sides in hot oil.
  3. Place browned chicken in crockpot.
  4. Combine lemonade, vinegar, catsup and brown sugar, mix well and pour over chicken.
  5. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours
TIPSY TUESDAY( okay I know it is Wednesday)
Let any steaks or roasts that you cook rest for 5 minutes before serving to maintain the juices.

PLACES I PARTY

I love this blog... her pictures are amazing ...her food looks absolutely delicious and her presentation is unbelieveable... maybe this will be me one day...
http://homeiswheretheboatis.wordpress.com/?blogsub=confirming#subscribe-blog

Well I must say that I have not had one of my followers or those of you who just read my blog send me a recipe that I might like to feature on my blog.. I quess we have not one who wants to win a Giveaway ...well okay just more for me that is all..You have 18 days left to win... Pat I am coming down today so I will drop off you giveaway from last month...
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny


No comments:

Post a Comment