Got one pile of work done now I only have about 10 more to go...I have such a busy life but never seem to have time to fit it all in... Maybe once I am retired ...but my friends that are retired say they are busier now then when the worked... so maybe I won't be retiring ...NOT...
8-10 small red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
1 cup chicken broth
1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk (look in the Asian food aisle at the grocery store)
1 Tablespoon corn starch
1 ½ teaspoon curry powder, or more if desired
½ teaspoon salt
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Place chicken in the skillet and sprinkle each side with salt, black pepper and paprika. Brown chicken by cooking over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side.
2. Place browned chicken in a slow cooker.
3. In the same skillet you used to brown the chicken (don’t wipe it out!), sauté onions and potatoes on medium heat for 4-6 minutes, stirring often. It’s alright if they get a little brown. Add the sautéed onions and potatoes to the slow cooker with the chicken.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Make sure the cornstarch is completely stirred in, as it often settles to the bottom.
5. Add the liquid ingredients in the bowl to the same skillet you have been using and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to thicken. Pour this mixture over chicken, onions and potatoes in the slow cooker.
6. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
7. Serve over rice.
WHERE I PARTY
I want to pass on congratulations to Lindsay on her new job..."Good things come to those who earn it"