Sunday, July 10, 2011

SITDOWN SUNDAY

AFTERNOON EVERYONE
Well the sun isout...we are on the deck enjoying a salmon patee and a nice cold drink.. Grumpy is reading I am posting and then going to get some supper prepared.. Grumpy is going to put the ribs on the barbacue in 1/2 hour and then we are just going to do some more relaxing.. I got a a nice outfit to take to Vegas with me on those cool evenings at Marks Work Wear.. They had a great sale on yesterday.. I got some real cute pencil dark jean capris with a zipper at the side and then a longsleeve black and white taloired shirt .. The capris were regular $39.99 and the shirt was $59.99... the capris were on sale for $19.99 and so was the shirt.. They had a sale that you paid the sale price on the highest item and then you got the second item on for 70% off. so it came to $28.00 and then Grumpy had a $15.00 card that he had got on a previous promotion so the whole outfit cost me a whopping $13.00..Now that is bargain shopping .... can not even get those deals in the states...Was going to post pictures today but have changed my mind....and I can cause I am a woman and we are allowed to do that it is law...so will do one day next week... Today I will post a craft and then will post a breakfast menu..

3C'S CRAFT

NOW WOULD THIS NOT LOOK BEAUTIFUL ON A BRIDESMAID
THE BROOCH COULD BE THE COLOURS OF THE GIRLS DRESSES



AND THE BRIDE HAD THE MATCHING NECKLACE..

I have not done this craft yet but believe I am going to... I went to the Chemainus Street Market yesterday and found a lady there that was selling costume jewelery... Most of her stuff was $1.00 and $2.00 and I bought a few pieces , pearl neckaces some short some long and now I wish I had bought some brooches that she also had there... so now I am on the outlook for brooches cause I would like two of them the same... could be a challenge but I know I will find them.. What I am going to do is make a necklace and a bracelet similar to the pictures with the pearls that I bought.. I just think they would add such class to a plain black dress or pant outfit ... so wish me luck and once I find them I will post a picture of how they turned out.. I know they can be beautiful just have to be patient...

BREAKFAST

CINNAMON ROLL
PANCAKES

PANCAKES:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
CINNAMON FILLING:
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
4 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Prepare pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil and egg, just until batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).
2. In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside. You don't want this to remain super-liquidy. It's best if it becomes a consistency similar to toothpaste.
3. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract; set aside.
4. Heat large skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Scoop about 3/4 cup batter onto the skillet. Snip the corner of your baggie of filling and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
5. When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.

Tips:

*Keep the heat low or your pancakes might cook up too quickly. Don't flip them until you see those bubbles starting to pop on top. Flip them with a wide spatula so you can grasp the whole thing without batter and filling dripping all over the place!
*It's best if you pour the batter onto your skillet, wait a minute or so and then swirl the cinnamon onto the batter. That'll give it a chance to set a little before you add the swirl.
*If your baggie of filling begins to get too thick, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up again. On that same note, it shouldn't be too runny. The consistency of soft toothpaste is perfect. If it's melty and runny, it will tend to run all over your pancakes. Once you micro it, let it sit on the counter at room temp for a while until it thickens slightly.

Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment