Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Off to the ferry today at 3:15 and then heading to Cane Lake for a couple of nights and then going to Puyallup to stay with our friends the Kitts...Every year we go to a Goodguys Hotrod Show in Puyallup and meet about another 10 couples that take their hotrods to the show as well.. It is always a great time ...seeing all the different cars is great and doing a little bit of shopping is always good as well..
This might be one of those slow cooker recipes that people think are slightly ridiculous, but I disagree. While you can make corn on the cob on the grill or in a big pot of boiling water, this is a literally effortless recipe. You wrap some cobs in aluminum foil, place them in your Crockpot and walk away for 2 hours. It’s great for a party or BBQ when your grill is full of burgers and hot dogs, or even just for dinner when you’re really busy.

Slow Cooker
Corn on the Cob
  • Fresh corn (as many ears as can fit in your slow cooker)
  • Aluminum foil
Husk corn and wrap each ear in aluminum foil. Place wrapped corn in slow cooker (no water needed). Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Check corn and cook longer if needed to further soften.

WHERE I PARTY

Here is another blog that I like to follow... those of you who follow me if you would like me to post your blog on my blog just let me know as I would love to do that for you..

http://crystalscraftspot.blogspot.com/


The next couple of days I will be probably only posting a postdated recipe as we will be away from WiFi .. if it is available I will also post events of the day.. You all have a great weekend and talk to you soon
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

2 comments:

  1. How cool! I have never tried making corn on the cob in a slow cooker. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat! I am always surprised at the array of foods that can be made in the slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete