Thursday, July 14, 2011

THRIFTY THURSDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Had a nice dinner with Grumpy and my mother-in-law last night.. She is living in an assisted living home and the people there are really nice... Grumpy loves to make them laugh and you know when you get to be that age a good laugh is always a good thing.

POVERTY GOULASH

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef (ground turkey works well too)
  • 2 small cans of tomato sauce
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 pkg. elbow macaroni
  • 1 can of vegetable soup (optional)
  • 1 cup of cheese (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Prepare elbow macaroni according to directions on package, drain and put back in pot
  2. Cook ground beef or turkey until done, drain grease
  3. Add tomato sauce, cream of mushroom soup and vegetable soup to pot of macaroni, mix well
  4. Add ground beef or turkey and salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Top with cheese if desired.
 Add a dinner salad and sliced french bread for a nutritious cheap family meal

THRIFTY THURSDAY
Well this tip is a bit different.. We had our grandkids up a few weeks ago and after they left there were a few finger marks on my door windows and I was out of windex so it was driving me crazy so rather then do the vinegar thing I thought to myself I have some Car Window Cleaner downstairs that I use for cleaning the greasy windows from the outside.. why not give it a try and voila it worked great.. I used my micro cloth that is rough on one side to clean and buffed with the smooth side and no streaks... alot cheaper then windex too..so both a tip and thrifty..

Back down to work today ... and then I am going to finish off a cute craft that I am making for my new Great Niece Harper hoping to have done by the weekend so I can go for a visit and check her out.. My brother says she is beautiful...
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment