Friday, July 8, 2011

FASTFOOD FRIDAY

EVENING  EVERYONE
We had a great time at the one year olds yesterday ...he loved his new balance bike even though he is not quite sure what to do with it yet but it will not be long...I am going to do a picture post on Sunday of my garden and my grandbabies.. A bit different but something I have wanted to do for some time...

ORIENTAL CHICKEN
SALAD

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
  • 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
  • 1 cup salted cashews
  • 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
  • 1 (6 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
  • 1 (3 ounce) can chow mein noodles
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Directions
  1. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. In a large salad bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
I love this salad it is so  crunchy, nutty and sweet all at the same time. Now if you have lots of time you can use fried wonton wrappers but I wanted to make it a Fastfood...
Tomorrow we are going to spend a Saturday together that is just going to be me and Grumpy... been a while since we have done that.. Will go get coffee, have a brioche and read the newspaper at our favorite coffee shop in Mill Bay... then off to the framers to pick up a picture that I had framed for my twin brothers birthday... Did not get a chance to get it done before his birthday or before we left on holidays.. Can hardly wait til I get to see it framed...
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment