Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SLOW COOKER WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Well the house next door is starting to take shape.. It is going to be weird having a home next door we have been lucky for the last 10 years but as they say change is always as good as a rest.. So we will just have to see.. had a nice surprise yesterday a girlfriend was coming up island to visit her mom so she called and I met her in town and we sat in the sun and enjoyed a nice cold drink... I am liking this hot weather , but not at night when you are trying to sleep... I love to cook with my crockpot in the summer so that I do not have to have my stove on so I decided to post this recipe quick and easy....

CROCKPOT CHICKEN 
Whole chicken, and additional parts depending on how many people you are feeding
Apple cider (I used cinnamon apple cider for added flavor)
4 apples, sliced
dried cranberries
mulling spices (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, orange peel, etc)


Put the ingredients in the order posted.

Set the crock pot to cook for 6 hours on high- this will allow the chicken to cook for a while, and keep it out of your hair all day, but it wont get too dry.

WHERE I PARTY
Anyone who knows me well knows how I love to bargain hunt in both new and old places... I love this blog she finds some of the best bargains ever ... it must only be in the USA that you get this great yard sales cause I never seem to find them up here , but then of course when Grumpy is in the car it never stops at Garage Sales so that could be a big part of the problem... anyway check out her blog..

My daughter is coming up this morning to give me a hand and then do some deliveries for me so that will be nice.. we just might have a nice cold glass of ice tea on the deck this afternoon...you all have a nice day and talk to you tomorrow..
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment