Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE



Grumpy and I had a nice dinner at my sisters last night. It was great to see my cousin Trish from Hawaii, sorry that her husband Ed could not join us but there will always be next time. I made my Asparagus Casserole and had to put it in the trash can. So much for the Chow Mein noodles they were stale and you could really taste that once they were cooked. That is always why you as a cook should sample the food before you expect someone else to eat it. So now I have to figure something else out for vegetable as time does not allow me to make another one. So I arrived at my sisters with frozen vegetables and my niece Stephanie says to me "Auntie is that from your blog"...LOL. Just put in some butter and seasonings and they were quite good. When I do use them I always use them in a casserole if there are no good fresh ones around , but for a quick vegetable they were not bad at all. So today is a bit of a pampering day and then back home to do some more sewing. Have come up with another idea for a gift....will share later






Crockpot Peanut Clusters



2 pounds white almond bark or white chocolate for dipping
4 ounces German’s sweet chocolate or milk chocolate for dipping
1 package semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
12 ounces dry roasted peanuts and
12 ounces of honey roasted peanuts

Put all ingredients in crockpot; cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Do not stir.
Turn Crock Pot to low and stir every 15 minutes for 1 hour longer.f(use your timer on your oven to remind you to stir every 15 minutes)

Drop on waxed paper and let cool.
Store candy in a tightly covered container

This is a cute little way to give your treats by just putting on a home made sticker with stamps or if you go to the dollar store you can buy nice stick on Christmas Gift Tags, (they have some cute ones) and attach one to each of the bags with the to and from..Just add from your kitchen to their kitchen.. Great as stocking stuffer.

Now you can buy your ingredients already packaged or go and see if they have them in the bulk food department. Thriftys and Safeway have a nice bulk food section. Have not tried Super Stores bulk food before but it might work as well..and of course the better chocolate you use the better it will taste. No different then when you make chocolate chip cookies ....
I have heard that a lot of people watch my blog and that makes me feel warm inside. Hoping that you have tried the recipes and if you have please leave a comment and let me know. I always see you commenting on FACEBOOK , so I know you can all type.....
For Andreas girls at work that would like me to post some appetizers , now that we are officially into December and the Christmas festivities, starting next week I am going to be doing regular dinner meals but I will be attaching an appetizer to each days post up until Christmas...
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment