Wednesday, April 6, 2011

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
Well I am excited I am going to be a Great Auntie again.. This will be my 13th great neice or nephew.... and I am going to have 2 more this summer.. How blessed am I.. Todays recipe is because I love Creme Brule and I thought this would be great to have Easter Morning..  watch the kids do their easter egg hunt and breakfast will be ready by the time they are done..Oh by the way big kids like easter egg hunts as well...

Creme Brulee
French Toast

2 loaves (8 to 9 inch) Challah bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 9 cups). Now Walmart sells a sweet braided bread that you can use. Another option is to use Raisan Bread that is unliced so that you can get the 1" cubes. Have not used a French Bread loaf as it is not sweet so might have to try that if you do let me know how it  worked out.
4 cups milk or half and half; 1% milk works well
1/2 cup of sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Caramel sauce, the kind you use for on ice cream
Vanilla ice cream, if you are serving as dessert
Line slow cooker with store bought plastic liner. Very important for an easy cleanup..Place bread cubes in slow cooker.
Whisk together milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt.
Pour mixture over bread cubes.
Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
All of the liquid will absorb into the bread cubes.
Cover and cook in slow cooker on low setting for 7 to 8 hours or until inserted knife comes out clean. Turn off slow cooker and let french toast stand for 30 minutes.
Remove plastic liner from slow cooker and carefully place on a cutting surface. Slice or spoon the french toast onto plates to serve. Drizzle with warm caramel sauce or a splash of traditional maple syrup.
This recipe serves 8  people.

If you are going to serve this for Easter Sunday how about you put it together after supper on Saturday let it sit in the fridge and then put it on when you got bed on Saturday night,. Voila it will be ready for Easter Sunday.. Well have to go and get some work done.. I have got a couple of new followers and thank you for that and don't forget about the GiveAway and let me know if you have recommended anyone to become a follower so that you can get in the draw
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

4 comments:

  1. That it is ...would love for you to hop on board and become a follower on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking fro something different for Easter Breakfast and I found it...thank you so much....I pretty much have everything except the bread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you now have your bread.. This is real nice and tasty and great to make if you have a timer on your crockpot as it will make you home smell wonderful on Easter Morning a bit sweet but we all deserve it once in a while...I have become a follower of your blog as well and welcome from Germany..and you are entered in my giveaway for the month...

    ReplyDelete