Well my family and friends woke up to a dusting of Snow this morning in Victoria....not here in the beautiful Cowichan Valley where the birds are chirping and the sun is shining. Today is a day where I want to get all of this weeks order done so that tomorrow all I have to do is pack a bag in the morning and wait for Grumpy to get of work early and we are on a road trip...
MEXICAN BEEF CASSEROLE
2lbs ground beef
2 cans chicken broth
1 cup tomato soup
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 small onion, diced
1 can drained, whole kernel corn
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 package taco seasoning (hot or mild, to your liking)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef until browned. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning to the beef and mix well. Add broth, flour and tomato soup and bring to a boil until slightly thickened.
- Mix in pepper, corn, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and sour cream, blending well.
- Pour into 13″x9″ baking dish. Top with both Swiss and cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese has completely melted
Switch to a laptop instead of using a desktop computer and cut three-quarters off your electrical use. Turn off the laptop at the end of the day.
Well next week I am going to do a bit of an unusual Menu Monday.. I am going to give you a recipe for each day and a how to prepare it for your Easter Dinner that you are cooking for your Family next week...The recipes will not all be dinner recipes but will be a planned complete dinner for the table.. I have already given you some ideas for decorating your table in previous posts... Talk to you tomorrow