Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CROCKPOT WEDNESDAY

MORNING EVERYONE
 Happy Birthday Grumpy. I promise not to tell how old you are... but to me you are my ?????
Well today and  tomorrow I have to work hard so that I am able to go on a weekend vacation with Grumpy.. Going to take the hot rod on its first sleepover of the year.. We are heading down to Mt Vernon to the Tulip Festival... going to stay at friends place at Cane Lake in Washington..Grumpy wants to get the 3:00 ferry on Friday so that means I have to get my butt in gear and get these little jobs done..

BEEF STEW WITH MUSHROOMS

Ingredients

1 lb beef stew meat (or cut up chuck steak)
1-10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
2 cups fresh button mushrooms, sliced
2-3 garlic cloves, cut in few pieces
1/2 package dry onion soup mix


Directions:
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hrs.

Serving Suggestions:
I serve this stew over egg noodles or mashed potatoes. iIt is also good over cooked potatoes and carrots.. Another way of serving is to put it on some toasted garlic bread...top it with some mozzeralla cheese and put under your broiler to melt the cheese

As you all know I am a very proud Granny.... Watching and hearing our 3 year old grandson read books makes my heart sing. Proud of the parents for doing such a great job of teaching their kids to read at such a young age...


You have a good day and talk to you tommorrow.
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment