TUESDAY Tuna Casserole
WEDNESDAY Slowcooker Thai Chicken
and Noodle Salad
- 1 package(s) (3-ounce) low-fat ramen-noodle soup mix
- 1/4 cup(s) slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 3 slice(s) (1/4-inch-thick) fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 5 teaspoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 5 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 2 cup(s) shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crumble ramen noodles onto a large rimmed baking sheet (discard seasoning packet). Add almonds, sesame seeds, and canola oil; toss to coat. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir, then bake until the noodles are golden brown, about 5 minutes more. Let cool on the pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place chicken in a medium skillet or saucepan with water to cover. Add ginger and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165°F, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board to cool. Using forks, shred into bite-size pieces. (Discard the poaching liquid.)
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and sesame oil in a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Whisk or shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- Just before serving, combine the shredded chicken, cabbage, carrot, and scallions in a large bowl. Add the toasted noodle mixture and the dressing; mix well.
Tip: Ramen noodles, usually packaged with a seasoning mix to make instant soup, are a convenient — and seemingly healthful — product. But what you may not realize is that the noodles have been deep-fried. A serving of the soup contains 8 grams of fat. Look for baked ramen, with only 1 gram of fat per serving. Be sure to check the label so you know what you're buying.
Don't forget to recommend a friend to become a follower and get yourself and your friend into the monthly giveaway...
Have to go cookies ready..Yummmmy