Well had a great weekend with friends and going to see the Tulip in the fields at Mt Vernon was amazing..Sorry about no post yesterday as time just did not allow it ... The Saturday post was a bit different as I was posting from my Ipad and have not quite figured out the picture linking yet.. But I will work on that.. So this week is going to be recipes for you to be cooking your Easter dinner.
WEDNESDAY Crockpot Ham
BAKED SWEET POTATO
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a glass or non-stick baking dish with olive oil, just enough to coat.
OVEN ROASTED POTATOES
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into medium size pieces. Place the cut sweet potatoes in the baking dish and turn them so that they are coated with the olive oil. Sprinkle moderately with oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 60 minutes or until soft.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
DirectionsCombine all ingredients in a large plastic bag; shake until well coated. Empty bag into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Sun is shining, listening to chainsaw .. new home being being built. So should be a noisy spring for the next couple of months ...But as long as I can still hear the birdies first thing in the morning I will be okay... Wondering where my deer are going to move that is where they live and have their babies each year for sure it will be interesting..