Sunday, April 24, 2011

SIT DOWN SUNDAY

EVENING EVERYONE
Happy Easter.. Hope the easter bunny was good to you he was wonderful to me.. those of you who know me well know that I LOVE container planting.. Grumpy bought me 7 new pots to plant my spring flowers in and 3 shaped LAVENDER plants for the front of the house..Hoping to keep the deer away from them..and then 4 smaller pots to put my geraniums in on the bedroom deck..Once all planted will post a picture..
Small family gathering for easter dinner just having Andrea and Adam , some are  working some are having dinner at their spouses parents for dinner but just having some family is a good thing.
We are having ham, asparagus with pancheta, cauliflower, mashed garlic potatoes  , and sweet potatoes.. with  homemade apple pie and ice cream for dessert.
Since I was gardening today I thought I would give you this gardening craft
3C'S CRAFT
I found this craft on the internet on how to use terra cotta pots and saucers to make a bird bath

Flowerpots are simple, inexpensive, easy to find, and wonderful for all types of craft projects. Turn them upside down, stacked them, painted them, hung them, and occasionally, I’ve even use them as flowerpots! Springtime is a great time to use flowerpots for a project. Here is a bird bath idea--
It’s easy to make a birdbath from flowerpots and a saucer. Select three terra cotta flowerpots in graduated sizes for the birdbath base. When you are purchasing the pots, stack them upside down at the store to make sure you get the height and look that you desire. Use a large terra cotta saucer for the basin. Be sure to look for a saucer that is glazed on the inside so that it will hold water. . If desired, you can glue pots together, but I would chose to leave them  separate so that I can dismantle the birdbath in winter and store the pots one inside the other in a sheltered area.

Painting Terra Cotta Flowerpots

Prepare pots by painting inside and out with gesso (available at art/craft supply stores in the art department).
Apply basecoat with acrylic craft paint. Most surfaces require two coats. Use inexpensive foam brushes.
Now is time to let you imagination do the decorating.
Add several final coats of varnish in your choice of finish. For outdoor use marine varnish.
Cheers
Granny

No comments:

Post a Comment