Well Easter is finally here... the sun is shining so we are outside today .. Grumpy with the power wash and me with my gardening gloves on..Took ribs out of the freezer and we are going to do a rub on them and a slow cook on the barbabue..I am going to post some appys and since it is easter I figured they would all have eggs in them ...
CHILI DEVILED EGGS
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut lengthwise
- ¼ cup Light Mayonnaise or Salad Dressing
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped very fine for filling
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped fine for garnish
- 3 dashes of hot sauce, your choice of brand and heat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Paprika for garnish, or for extra kick, use a light sprinkle of chili powder
Pop out (remove) the egg yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, 1 tsp of the chives, hot sauce, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Fill the empty egg white shells with the mixture and sprinkle lightly with chives then the paprika
SHRIMP AND DILL DEVILED EGGS
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- fresh dill weed
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks. Set aside whites.
- In a medium bowl, mash egg yolks with a fork. Mix together with mayonnaise, shrimp, green onions, fresh dill weed, lime juice, prepared Dijon-style mustard, hot pepper sauce and ground black pepper.
- Spoon approximately 1 tablespoon egg yolk mixture into each egg white. Garnish with fresh dill weed. Chill in the refrigerator until serving
BACON CHEDDAR DEVILED EGGS
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon mustard
When I make deviled eggs I like to make an extra egg for every 6 deviled eggs.. I mix the extra cooked yolk in with all the other yolks so that I am able to make the filling puffy on the top of the split egg whites.. Everyone have a great day and talk to you tomorrow ...
- Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. To cool more quickly, rinse eggs under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Alternatively, wrap bacon in paper towels and cook in the microwave for about 1 minute per slice. Crumble and set aside.
- Peel the hard-cooked eggs, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove yolks to a small bowl. Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise, crumbled bacon and cheese. Stir in mustard. Fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture and refrigerate until serving