Friday, January 7, 2011

FAST FOOD FRIDAY

Morning Everyone
My first order of business today is to wish my grandson Deklan a Happy Third Birthday....Well today is the first day of your organization..The first task is your Junk Drawer and I know that everyone has one so lets get at it...I am posting the before and after of mine..I like to have stuff close at hand cause we live on a three level home so the less I have to do the stairs the better. In my junk drawer I have lots of different screws and nails, tools, stationary stuff, batteries, a calendar and my address book. It took me 2o minutes to do this. I put everything on the counter grabbed a couple of little basket dividers and then a trash bag to put the stuff in that I knew I would never ever use and deep sixed it..You can pick up little baskets up at your $1.00 store. Make sure you measure the heighth of your drawer to make sure that you do not get them to tall



Before After




Here is your fast food Friday recipe today.. Just a salad but I wanted to make sure that you had the 20 minutes to do your Junk Drawer....

Southwest Salad







1/2 cup Picante Sauce
1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
6 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
2/3 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
2 cups corn chips
2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese (about 1/2 cup)
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Stir the picante sauce and dressing in a large bowl.
Add the lettuce, tomatoes, olives and chips and toss to coat. Top with the cheese and bacon. Serve immediately.

Well not much happening this weekend might take the hotrod down to Victoria if the weather is good . Grumpy is getting some work done on it before we head down to California in June....
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

2 comments:

  1. Funny that you did this task today. I moved on the weekend and my washroom drawers are always a total mess, so before I put anything away I bought some of dollar store basket dividers (some dun & bright colours for Courtney's drawer) earlier this week and started organizing those drawers last night and will finish them up tonight. I did go through every single drawer in every shelf, dresser, or cabinet before I packed and did a huge purge so as of right now my drawers are feeling organized and I actually have some that have nothing in them which has never happened before. Such a great feeling...now only if I can keep them that way! lol Courtney seems to have my "hoarding of useless and/unused stuff" habit so I'm working hard on getting her to donate the things she doesn't use and in doing that she is calling me out on the things I keep...Karma I guess! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good girl,both of you...well you might find the other organizing challenges helpful as well...if you have just moved glad to here that you have already got at it....you make sure yountell Courtenay that she is doing a good thing by donating her things to little people that are in need...It will make her heart sing...love you guys..

    ReplyDelete