Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Not much happening today... Going to order some supplies for work and maybe organize my shop up a bit..Heading into town first thing this morning cause they are calling for 2 - 5 cm of snow up here and we always usually get a bit more cause we live on the mountain...Trying to fight off the sniffles cause I do not want to get a cold, I hate colds....
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian or Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley, divided
4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
In a nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
Place on tortilla in a 9-in. round cake pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat sauce, one tortilla, all of the ricotta mixture, another tortilla and the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining cilantro. Cover and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
It is about organizing ..Everyday I will give you a challenge to get yourself organized .. There will be a total of about 21 things for you to do. What I would like you to do is find a list of the things I have listed below in the next couple of days and then on Friday you will start with your first challenge. Each Challenge will not take anytime at all it will be just a little everyday and by the end of January you should have yourself and your place organized...
Here is the List:
1. Round up as many bins, boxes, crates, baskets & containers that you possibly can. These can either be something you already have in your home or you can go to Walmart and purchase some new ones, if you wish. Either way will be fine. Now put them aside in a spare room or corner. You will utilize these during our 3 week challenge.
2. Make a donation box. You can use a large cardboard box, a large rubbermaid container, or even a trash bag (whatever you have). This is where you are going to be placing all of the things you no longer use or need (that isn't trash). At the end of each week, you can take this box to Goodwill, etc... As long as its out of the house!
3. Get a LABELER! My challenge isn't about going and buying new stuff to bring into the home, but I really think this is an important step. If you just can't afford one now, thats fine... At least get some label stickers (the long narrow ones that you can write on). Walmart has them for a couple of bucks. You will be labeling boxes & bins.
4. If you are REALLY serious about organizing your house, purchase some shoe boxes at the store. I think just about every store carries them for around a dollar each. The more stuff you have to organize, the more boxes you will need. You do NOT have to go out and get these, but they will DEFINITELY come in handy if you have them. If you have a lot of bins/boxes at home, this step isn't needed. You can always go to a shoe store and get the boxes that they are going to put in their cardboard bin and take them home and cover them with scrapbooking paper or fabric if you have some scraps around even just doing the ends is good cause the sides you will not be showing .
5. Make sure you have trash bags in stock. You will be purging a lot of stuff during our 21 day challenge, and I would hate for you to run out of trash bags.
Do not forget to make comments for an entry for the giveaway at the end of the month..Once we start the organizing challenge take some before and after pictures and if you post them it will give you another entry..
Posted by From Grannys Kitchen at 9:33 AM