Thursday, January 6, 2011

THRIFTY THURSDAY

Morning Everyone...
Well I am feeling a bit better today.. Those Buckley capsules work great...Krysta posted a link on her facebook about Paying it Forward so copy and pasted it to my Facebook as well..Livi has become the first of five that sometime during 2011 will receive a homemade item from Grannys Kitchen...I have decided to do Sock Monkeys similar to the one that I made for my grandson Easton...If you become 2,3,4,or 5 you can chose your colour scheme and that is what you will get...Since not all you followers are on my facebook I have posted it here as well...Now remember if you are going to Pay it Forward it has to be homemade and what better homemade stuff is there then food.. So you can come on board get a Sock Monkey (everyone loves them even adults) and cook food as your pay forward or if you are crafty that will work too..

Orange Pork Tenderloin with Carmelized Onions




2 tablespoons olive oil
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
1 large red onion, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on all sides. Remove the pork from the skillet.
Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 15 minutes or until well browned, stirring often.
Stir the picante sauce, marmalade and orange zest in the skillet. Return the pork to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.


Thrifty Thursday
I was going through flyers last night and found some good deals on containers for your Organizing challenge ....Rona has canvas organizers for $5.99 and $6.99 as well as 5 nice chocolate brown wicker baskets for $29.99 . They also have those flip flop tubs that are 49l you buy one for $7.00 and get the second one for $3.49 that is a great deal.. Not sure if you have room for a 4 shelf rack but they are on sale for $12.49 to store your large totes or boxes...the other day I had mentioned about a labeler well Staples has two of them on sale from $19.99 to $29.99...
I know that Livi got a Cricut for Christmas so I wanted to let her know that starting on Saturday Michaels has some of there Cartridges on sale for $16.99 and if she cuts out the 40% off coupon from the flyer that makes them super cheap.. Livi maybe you could grab a girlfriend buy her a coffee and give her a coupon and she will use it to pick up an extra one for you. Michaels only lets you use one coupon per item and they will not let you use there instore coupon so you will each have one.... Well have to go and get some work done so here is the Pay it forward post and talk to you tommorrow


Pay it Forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They must in turn post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011 :)
Enjoy
Cheers
Granny

2 comments:

  1. Hi Judy, I did get the %50 Michaels coupon, but they can't be used for sale items or cricut products. $16.99 is still a great price and I do need some ribbon that is not on sale that I'll use the %50 for. I was there today and most frames were at least 40% off plus I had an extra 25% off all frames(even on sale). So I got 3 scrapbook page frames-for a project for some neat art Courts did and 4-8x8 frames for pics or more art all for under $30. The scrapbook frames alone are reg $16.99 each so I though I got a great deal. Thanks for the heads-up about Michaels this week, I will be back there tomorrow morning by 9 so that I can get the cricut cartridges!!! yay
    Love Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the comments..Well like you say the cartridges are still a good price..Well since you are going to Michaels you will find Saturdays blog a good organizing for you..Will post a 3C's on Sunday for you and Courtenay on Sunday...lov yah xoxox

    ReplyDelete